- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth – John 1:14
The word glory is not so much an earthly word, as it is a spiritual word. Glory is a state of dwelling in great triumph and grandeur.
Some in this world might look or think of glory as an unusual enlightening experience. An unexplained light that flashed, or a hallow that is created to impart a sense of above normal experience.
I see some attributing glory to their gods by lighting up the surrounding with great lights, colors, great religious music, noise with crowds of devotees prostrate before such lifeless idols loaded with ornaments of Gold and other precious material.
But I see a misnomer in thinking this to be ‘Glory’ as the devotees think..
At the same time, I will never ever fully comprehend the great glory that I see, experience and witness in the Life of Lord Jesus Christ.
The verse above declares, he living in our neighborhood as an ordinary man. And those who have never seen God were able to experience the presence of God by seeing him. And the essence of this glory was in Grace and Truth.
- I see his glory when I see him willing to dwell with me
- I see his glory when he chose to call himself the son of Man, in other words an ordinary man
- I saw his glory when he sat on the well with the Samaritan woman who was married five times and lived with the sixth man not her husband, and he found her to be a potential worshipper who can worship God in truth and Spirit
- I saw his glory when he was the lone voice speaking to rescue the woman caught in adultery, and did not condemn her
- I saw his glory when he asked little children to come and asked the grown ups to become like children.
Yes his glory was seen when he calmed the sea and rebuked the wind, when he gave eyes to the blind and raised the dead. The son of God walked around in Palestine bringing the love of God, forgiveness and salvation
And yes I saw the ultimate glory when he asked the Father to glorify him and father agreed and allowed him to be crucified to bring salvation to the hopeless sinners.
And then I saw his glory when the creator of the universe is hanging on a wooden cross in the outskirts of a city, beaten, tortured and nailed to bleed and die.
And I keep seeing his glory when he broke the band of death, the tomb could not hold him, he walked alive triumphing over death.
And then his glory was spectacular when he called the simple Galileans to the mount of olives, blessed them and ascended to heaven with a promise to return back to the earth.
And today I see the true glory of the son of man, seated in the right hand of God crowned forever and worshiped for ever as is seen in Hebrews 1:3. Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.
What a glory!!!